2007/01/21

Yes, I know it's been a while. See I had lost my camera's charger and was totally unable to take pictures. And then my dog peed on my homework. I swear, it was freaky!

Friday night, Philippe and I tried some cocktail from "The Ultimate Bar Book". I quite like this book. It has TONS of recipies and order them by main ingredients. We felt like trying some of the rum section.

The first one we tried was "Bolero #2" which was horrible!!! We don't have a picture because we threw it down the drain too fast!

Here are a couple of cocktails that we actually liked.

First one : Bahama Mama. Here is the recipe.
  • 1 oz Dark rum
  • 1/2 oz Coconut rum
  • 1/2 oz Coffee liqueur
  • 4 oz Pineapple juice
  • 1 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon 151-proof Rum
You should shake all ingredients but the 151-proof Rum in a shaker with ice. And then poor it into a chilled cocktail glass and float the 151 on top.

Frankly, we didn't follow this recipe completely. We skipped the 151-proof Rum. We also used white rum instead of dark since the last drops of our dark rum had just been thrown down the drain! But the drink was very nice and interesting. The coffee liqueur and the coconut gave it a rich nutty flavor. But the drink still was light and fruity because of the pineapple and lemon.

Second One : Sex on the beach #1.
Alright I admit to two things. First, no rum. Second, I had made that one before. But after the bolero fiasco, I decided to go for a sure bet.
  • 1 oz Vodka
  • 1 oz Peach Schnapps
  • 3 oz Fresh grapefruit juice
  • 3 oz Cranberry juice
I used "unfresh" grapefruit juice and pomegranate juice instead of cranberry. I'm a rebel.

That's all for our friday night. Well, we also watched "Why we fight". It was quite depressing. Need more drinks!

No comments: